All the links in the left frame are messed up, PHP issue?

Hi there,

I was able to succesfully build and install Nagios 3.2.1 on Red Hat Enterprise Linux. I’m able to login to the webpage, and I can see the main page just fine, but the links in the left frame (except for Home and Documentation) are all messed up. I think it has something to do with PHP.

At first, the page was not even loading correctly, but I added the following to /usr/local/nagios/etc/nagios-server.conf:

<IfModule dir_module>
    DirectoryIndex index.php
</IfModule>

and the problem went away. It was looking for index.html in the nagios/share directory, which didn’t exist.

Now, in Firefox, the PHP is actually printed, as text…it doesn’t seem to render at all. It does seem to be working in IE8 though, but the left pane is still messed up.

I looked at my apache error logs, and here’s what I got:
File does not exist: /usr/local/nagios/share/<

So it looks like a bad link of some sort.

I looked at the source of the php from the left pane (which comes from /usr/local/nagios/share/side.php) and it looks like all the links are constructed on the fly using php. For example:

• /tac.cgi" target="<?php echo $link_target;?>">Tactical Overview
  • I have a feeling it’s some sort of PHP issue, where those php variables are not being expanded correctly. I did make sure that the php package was installed on my linux box by using:
    yum install php

Has anyone else seen anything like this before?

what configure options did you use?

This issue is resolved. I didn’t have apache installed with php support.