check_disk : impossible to use it!

hello, how can i use the check_disk command ??

Service definition:

‘check_local_disk’ command definition

define command{
command_name check_local_disk
command_line $USER1$/check_disk -w $ARG1$ -c $ARG2$ -p $ARG3$
}

Command definition:

‘check_local_disk’ command definition

define command{
command_name check_local_disk
command_line $USER1$/check_disk -w $ARG1$ -c $ARG2$ -p $ARG3$
}

i don’t want to check the local disk but the disk on my servers

You have lots of options. If they are Linux/UNIX servers, you can use nrpe or check_by_ssh in which case you’ll need the plugins compiled for whatever operating system is on the server. It might be possible to use check_snmp if you prefer.

If they are Windows servers, you can either use nsclient or nc_net (or check_snmp again). I think there’s a version of nrpe for Windows too, but I’ve never tried it.

nagios PC : Linux Fedora
my servers : all Windows NT or Windows 2000/XP Pro.

What is the command to use check_disk ??

My suggestion is to take a step back, and stop asking people to give you step by step instructions on how to “whatever”.
Have you even read…
nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/2_0/toc.html
nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/2_0/addons.html#nrpe

A good start is nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/2_0/beginners.html

ha, that’s a good anwer… thanka for this amazing answer… i’m happy to see a good quality help here… i’ve already consulting the doc about that !

Good quality help, comes with good questions. If you want me to setup nagios and study nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/2_0/addons.html#nrpe this link for you, then …no, not from me.

Besides, you have already been given the answer. All you need to do now, is pass the above output from the remote host, to the nagios central server via nsca, and you have a good quality remote check done passively. Now, I suppose you will ask, what is nsca and how to I run it? Well, you run it as a daemon on your nagios central server. The remote host uses the nsca client to connect to it. Now your good quality question will be, how do I run the client. So I say, read the readme file, that comes with nsca. Now your quality question will be, how do I setup the daemon…