check_nt plugin issues

I am running plugin version 1.4 on a solaris 10 x86 platform.

./check_nt -H 10.255.233.174 -p 1248 -v USEDDISKSPACE -l c -w 90% -c 95%

./check_nt: cannot execute

Is what I get when I try to execute the command manually. When it is entered into nagios config, I get “no output” warning.

check_nt is 755, i have tried as 777 via root and nagios user.

Any ideas?

“No output” can appear when your nrpe.cfg on your windows is bad. In fact, it can be a wrong path of the command to execute. Check your nrpe.cfg.
Good luck.

I don’t even see a nrpe.cfg anywhere… nor did I see anything about it in the documentation.

I am using the NSclient way with check_nt. I overwrote the plugin version of check_nt with the solaris binary from the nsclient distro. I updated my checkcommands.cfg with the new check_nt command definitions.

I then installed the nsclient on the windows box and configured nagios to check cpu load and disk space on the test box and I am receiving “no output”.

can you run ./check_nt without paramaeters or does it give an error anyway? this could help determining if it’s a permission issue on the server side or possibly something else on the network side…

Luca

./check_nt

./check_nt: cannot execute

Permissions on it are the same as every other plugin, including check_ping, which we know works :smiley:

looks strange…
is it executable?

EDIT: sorry you already wrote it in the first message… no other idea…
Edited Thu Jul 07 2005, 06:35AM ]

Sounds corrupted. Get another one.