Check the outputs from nagios

Hi,

I want to know how to track the output of various service checks done by nagios. Certainly I can view the frontend or can redirect the status messages to my email or pager. But what I really want is to catch the status messages from nagios and run some scripts based on that. Excuse my English and feel free to ask me if am not clear enough.

–Thank you

Hello,

I’m not sure what you really want to do, but the options
"event_handler_enabled" or “process_perf_data” from nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/2_0/ … ml#service should do what you want :slight_smile:

don’t hesitate to be more precise if my answer doesn’t fit

Hi loose,

thanks for the reply.
can you give me more details about the above two options or push some more links on the same. Also can I use event_handler option to execute different commands based on the current state?

What I want is to do specific things (tests) based on the notifications from nagios about a specific service. For example, say if nagios say that apache service is down or critical then I can view it from the frontend (the webpage). But is there a way to catch that response and run a script or command?
I think this is what event_handler do. But can you provide some more details.

Sorry, I can’t:
I’ve never really used them, but it’s seems quite easy; you’ll just have to do a little bit of searching on your own :wink:

:slight_smile: ok, that sounds like a plan… anyway please send me some links to good tutorials or sites (ofcourse about nagios) that you know. I’ll also start a new thread in the forum regarding the two optionsr …

Thanks for all the help…