Hello Dovecot users,
There haven’t been that many Pigeonhole developments lately, not even really significant bugs were reported. That is why this release is pretty small in terms of changes.
However, one issue got some attention: the fact that not recompiling Pigeonhole for Dovecot v2.0.3 would result in rather interesting message delivery. Normally, Dovecot would complain about a version mismatch, but unfortunately Pigeonhole’s Sieve plugin didn’t record the Dovecot version it was compiled with. Starting with this release, such problems should not occur again.
- Incorporated distinction between original and final envelope recipient in Sieve interpreter, as recently introduced in Dovecot.
- Regex extension: added support for regex keys composed from variables.
- LDA Sieve plugin: added _version symbol to enable Dovecot’s plugin version check. Without this check, people can forget to recompile the plugin, which can lead to unexpected effects.
- LDA Sieve plugin: turned debug message about an unconfigured home directory into a proper error and added script path information.
- Fixed unnecessary reporting of dummy extensions in ManageSieve SIEVE capability; the comparator-i;octet and comparator-i;ascii-numeric ‘extensions’ were reported explicitly.
The release is available as follows:
Refer to pigeonhole.dovecot.org and the Dovecot v2.0 wiki for more information. Have fun testing this new release and don’t hesitate to notify me when there are any problems.