Hello Dovecot users,
I release a new version of Pigeonhole tonight. This release extends the configuration capabilities of the include and vacation extensions, adds the ihave extension (RFC 5463), and fixes a few small other things.
Judging by Timo’s plans, this will be one of the last feature releases for Dovecot v2.0, since I’ll be switching active development to Dovecot v2.1 once that matures a little more.
- Vacation extension: finally added support for using the original recipient in vacation address check. It is also possible to disable the recipient address check entirely. Check doc/vacation.txt for configuration information.
- Include extension: made limits on the include depth and the total number of included scripts configurable. Check doc/include.txt for configuration information.
- Implemented ihave extension. This allows checking for the availability of Sieve language extensions at ‘runtime’. Actually, this is checked at compile time. At runtime the interpreter checks whether extensions that were not previously available are still unavailable. If the situation changed, the script is re-compiled and the ihave tests are evaluated again.
- Sieve: optimized compilation of tests that yield constant results (i.e. known at compile tme), such as ‘true’ and ‘false’. No code is produced anymore for script sections that are never executed. Also, semantics are not verified anymore in uncompiled script sections.
- Made vnd.dovecot.debug extension available to the LDA plugin instead of only the command line tools.
- Sieve: redirect action now adds X-Sieve-Redirected-From header (mainly for people using SPF/SRS).
- Sieve: fixed bug in handling flags and keywords; in case of error an assertion was triggered.
- Script storage: improved handling of unconfigured user home directory.
Originally this would produce an unhelpful error message.
- Imap4flags extension: prevent forcibly enabling imap4flags when imapflags is enabled.
- Fixed various -Wunused-but-set-variable compiler warnings.
- Include extension: forgot to check variable identifier syntax for ‘global’ command.
- Sieve: fixed debug mode; no messages were logged in some situations.
- sievec tool: forgot to enable -D (debug) parameter.
The release is available as follows:
rename-it.nl/dovecot/2.0/dov … 2.4.tar.gz
rename-it.nl/dovecot/2.0/dov … tar.gz.sig
Refer to pigeonhole.dovecot.org and the Dovecot v2.0 wiki for more information. Have fun testing this new release and don’t hesitate to notify me when there are any problems.
Dovecot-news mailing list
dovecot.org/cgi-bin/mailman/list … vecot-news