Hello Dovecot users,
Much time passed since I last released a new Pigeonhole, so quite a few unreleased fixes were pending until now.
Development of new features is shifted to the upcoming Pigeonhole v0.4 for Dovecot v2.2. I intend to release v0.4.0 shortly after Dovecot v2.2.0.
- Changed error handling to be less of a nuisance for administrators. Strictly user-caused errors are only reported in user log. Some errors are logged as info instead.
- Sieve: Changed behavior of redirect in case of a duplicate message delivery or a mail loop. If a duplicate is detected the implicit keep is canceled, as though the redirect was successful. This prevents getting local deliveries. The original SMTP recipient is used when it is available to augment the entry in the LDA duplicate database. This way, duplicates are only detected when (initially) addressed to the same recipient.
- Sieve vnd.dovecot.duplicate extension: added new features to the duplicate test, making it possible to manually compose the key value for duplicate checking. This extension is in the process of being standardized: https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bosch-sieve-duplicate-01
- Sieve date extension: generate warning when invalid date part is specified.
- Sieve editheader extension: fixed crash occurring when addheader :last was used.
- Sieve include extension: fixed missing error cleanup that caused a resource leak.
- Sieve vacation extension: fixed determination of From: address for when sieve_vacation_dont_check_recipient is active.
- Sieve tools: the -D option wasn't enabled and documented for all tools.
- Sieve dict script storage: fixed potential segfault occurring when dict initialization fails.
- ManageSieve: fixed bug in skipping of CRLF at end of AUTHENTICATE command.
- ManageSieve: fixed handling of unknown commands pre-login.
- Fixed compile on Mageia Linux.
The release is available as follows:
rename-it.nl/dovecot/2.1/dov ... 3.4.tar.gz
rename-it.nl/dovecot/2.1/dov ... tar.gz.sig
Refer to pigeonhole.dovecot.org and the Dovecot v2.x wiki for more information. Have fun testing this new release and don't hesitate to notify me when there are any problems.
Dovecot-news mailing list
dovecot.org/cgi-bin/mailman/list ... vecot-news