Hello Dovecot users,
I finally release the first version of Pigeonhole v0.4 for Dovecot v2.2.
The main reason for the delay was that some unexpected (design) problems occurred with the new doveadm-sieve plugin, which allows synchronizing sieve scripts using doveadm sync.
One important change is that I incorporated the extprograms plugin into the main Pigeonhole release. With this plugin it is possible to execute administrator-controlled external programs (shell scripts) from the Sieve interpreter, e.g. for special message delivery, filtering and string manipulation.
The list of new features is not that impressive. I've been working on IMAP URLAUTH, IMAP CATENATE and HTTP support for Dovecot. Currently, I'm building an SMTP submission proxy server. After all that I plan to spend more time on Sieve development. One of the most important issues on my list is implementing support for using alternative types of storage (e.g. a database) for Sieve scripts, rather than only a filesystem directory as it is now.
- Added doveadm-sieve plugin that provides the possibility to sync Sieve scripts using doveadm sync along with the user's mailboxes.
- Added the Sieve extprograms plugin to the main Pigeonhole package. It is still a plugin, but it is now included so that a separate compile is no longer necessary and distributors are likely to include it. The extprograms plugin provides Sieve language extensions that allows executing (administrator-controlled) external programs for message delivery, message filtering and string manipulation. Refer to doc/plugins/sieve_extprograms.txt for more information.
- Added debug message showing Pigeonhole version at initialization. Makes it very clear that the plugin is properly loaded.
- Finished implementation of the Sieve include extension. It should now fully conform to RFC 6609. The main addition is the new :optional tag which makes the include command ignore missing included scripts without an error.
- Finished implementation of the Sieve environment extension as much as possible. Environment items "location", "phase" and "domain" now also return a usable value.
The release is available as follows:
Refer to http://pigeonhole.dovecot.org and the Dovecot v2.x wiki for more information. Have fun testing this new release and don't hesitate to notify me when there are any problems.
Dovecot-news mailing list