Hello Dovecot users,
Last time I had a few stupid problems in the releases, so I'll follow Timo's example and I release an RC first.
The highlights include the implementation of the index and metadata extensions. Quite a few bugs are fixed as well.
- editheader extension: Made protection against addition and deletion of headers configurable separately. Also, the
Received' andAuto-Submitted' headers are no longer protected against addition by default.
- Turned message envelope address parse errors into warnings.
- The interpreter now accepts non-standard domain names, e.g. containing '_'.
- Implemented the Sieve index extension (RFC 5260).
- Implemented support for the mboxmetadata and servermetadata extensions (RFC 5490).
- Implemented new sieve commands for the doveadm command line utility. These commands are currently limited to ManageSieve operations, but the other current sieve tools will be migrated to doveadm in the near future as well.
- Added more debug output to binary up-to-date checking.
- The Sieve interpreter now flushes duplicate database during start phase of result execution rather than commit phase. This makes sure locks on the duplicate database are released as soon as possible, preventing contention.
- Performed a few optimizations in the lexical scanner of the language.
- Fixed bug in `:matches' match-type that made a pattern without wildcards match as if there were a '*' at the beginning.
- file storage: Restructured storage initialization to address backwards compatibility issues.
- Fixed crash in validation of the string parameter of the comparator tag.
- extprograms extension: Made sure supplemental group privileges are also dropped. This was a problem reported by Debian lintian.
- Fixed bug in handling of binary errors for action side-effects and message overrides.
The release is available as follows:
Refer to http://pigeonhole.dovecot.org and the Dovecot v2.x wiki for more information. Have fun testing this new release and don't hesitate to notify me when there are any problems.
Dovecot-news mailing list