Hello Dovecot users,
The rc2 release had a couple of new, rather small, but very annoying bugs. First of all, the path for a file storage wasn't actually normalized, due to a stupid last-minute change before the release. This caused the personal script to be skipped with a warning when there were e.g. duplicate slashes in the path.
Second, due to recent changes, the file storage would complain with a temporary error if the directory where the active script symlink would be located was missing.
Changelog v0.4.7 (unchanged):
- editheader extension: Made protection against addition and deletion of headers configurable separately. Also, the 'Received' and 'Auto-Submitted' headers are no longer protected against addition by default.
- Turned message envelope address parse errors into warnings.
- The interpreter now accepts non-standard domain names, e.g. containing '_'.
- Implemented the Sieve index extension (RFC 5260).
- Implemented support for the mboxmetadata and servermetadata extensions (RFC 5490).
- Implemented new sieve commands for the doveadm command line utility. These commands are currently limited to ManageSieve operations, but the other current sieve tools will be migrated to doveadm in the near future as well.
- Added more debug output about binary up-to-date checking.
- Added script metadata to binary dump output.
- Fixed Sieve script binary up-to-date checking by normalizing the script location.
- The Sieve interpreter now flushes the duplicate database during start phase of result execution rather than commit phase. This makes sure locks on the duplicate database are released as soon as possible, preventing contention.
- Performed a few optimizations in the lexical scanner of the language.
- Fixed bug in `:matches' match-type that made a pattern without wildcards match as if there were a '*' at the beginning.
- Fixed crash in validation of the string parameter of the comparator tag.
- extprograms extension: Made sure supplemental group privileges are also dropped. This was a problem reported by Debian lintian.
- Fixed bug in handling of binary errors for action side-effects and message overrides.
- file script storage: Restructured storage initialization to address backwards compatibility issues.
- dict script storage: Fixed small memory allocation bug.
The release is available as follows:
Refer to http://pigeonhole.dovecot.org and the Dovecot v2.x wiki for more information. Have fun testing this new release and don't hesitate to notify me when there are any problems.
Dovecot-news mailing list