Hello Dovecot users,
Here is the Pigeonhole release candidate that goes with the Dovecot
v2.3.2 release candidate. Much like version 0.4.24 for Dovecot v2.2,
this release consists mostly of fixes that accumulated over the last few
months. Beyond that, this release contains the new IMAP FILTER=SIEVE
capability, which was also released earlier with 2.2.24 (with a few
- Implement plugin for the a vendor-defined IMAP capability called
“FILTER=SIEVE”. It adds the ability to manually invoke Sieve filtering
in IMAP. More information can be found in
- The Sieve address test caused an assertion panic for invalid addresses
with UTF-8 codepoints in the localpart. Fixed by properly detecting
invalid addresses with UTF-8 codepoints in the localpart and skipping
these like other invalid addresses while iterating addresses for the
- Make the length of the subject header for the vacation response
configurable and enforce the limit in UTF-8 codepoints rather than
bytes. The subject header for a vacation response was statically
truncated to 256 bytes, which is too limited for multi-byte UTF-8
- Sieve editheader extension: Fix assertion panic occurring when it is
used to manipulate a message header with a very large header field.
- Properly abort execution of the sieve_discard script upon error.
Before, the LDA Sieve plugin attempted to execute the sieve_discard
script when an error occurs. This can lead to the message being lost.
- Fix the interaction between quota and the sieve_discard script. When
quota was used together with a sieve_discard script, the message
delivery did not bounce when the quota was exceeded.
The release is available as follows:
Refer to http://pigeonhole.dovecot.org and the Dovecot wiki for
more information. Have fun testing this release candidate and don’t
hesitate to notify me when there are any problems.