I’ll probably release v2.1.0 pretty soon, unless people report some new bugs. I know v2.1 is already being used to serve mails to tens (or hundreds?) of thousands of users, so it should be pretty stable.
Most of the changes since v2.1.beta1 have been for rather small issues.
Many of the fixed bugs exist also in v2.0, but since they are so minor I didn’t bother backporting the fixes.
As new features since v2.1.beta1 there are the things I did also for v2.0.16, and:
- ssl_client_cert/key: Proxying can now send SSL certificate to backend server
- ssl_crypto_device for enabling hardware encryption
- SCRAM-SHA-1 authentication mechanism support by Florian Zeitz
- passdb/userdb checkpassword: Export all auth %variables to AUTH_* environment.
- maildir_broken_filename_sizes setting for people upgrading from other maildir servers that wrote tons of broken S= values
And as a reminder, here are the biggest new things since v2.0:
* Plugins now use UTF-8 mailbox names rather than mUTF-7: acl, autocreate, expire, trash, virtual * auth_username_format default changed to %Lu. If you really want case sensitive usernames, set it back to empty. * Solr full text search backend changed to use mailbox GUIDs instead of mailbox names, requiring reindexing everything. solr_old backend can be used with old indexes to avoid reindexing, but it doesn't support some newer features. + imapc (= IMAP client) storage allows using a remote IMAP server to be used as storage. This allows using Dovecot as a smart (caching) proxy or using dsync to do migration from remote IMAP server. + Mailbox indexing via queuing indexer service (required for Lucene) + Lucene full text search (FTS) backend rewritten with support for different languages + FTS finally supports "OR" search operation + FTS supports indexing attachments via external programs + IMAP FUZZY extension, supported by Lucene and Solr FTS backends + Mailbox list indexes + Statistics tracking via stats service. Exported via doveadm stats. + Autocreate plugin creates/subscribes mailboxes physically only when the mailbox is opened for the first time. Mailbox listing shows the autocreated mailboxes even if they don't physically exist. + Password and user databases now support default_fields and override_fields settings to specify template defaults/overrides. - listescape plugin works perfectly now