dovecot.org/releases/2.2/dovecot ... tar.gz.sig
Everything now seems to be stable and working in v2.2, so I can finally move onto developing great new interesting features for v2.3.
My company has also launched a web shop where you can buy various products. One of them is cheap access to Dovecot enterprise edition repositories, which are basically same as regular Dovecot releases, except they are kept patched with the latest important bugfixes. We currently have releases for RHEL/CentOS 5 and 6, Debian Squeeze and Ubuntu 12.04 LTS. By buying Dovecot-EE you'll also get a 30 day demo license for object storages, if you want to try it out.
* When creating home directories, the permissions are copied from the parent directory if it has setgid-bit set. For full details, see [http://wiki2.dovecot.org/SharedMailboxes/Permissions](http://wiki2.dovecot.org/SharedMailboxes/Permissions)
* "doveadm auth" command was renamed to "doveadm auth test"
* IMAP: ID command now advertises server name as Dovecot by default. It was already trivial to guess this from command replies.
* dovecot.index.cache files can be safely accessed only by v2.1.11+. Older versions may think they're corrupted and delete them.
* LDA/LMTP: If saving a mail brings user from under quota to over quota, allow it based on quota_grace setting (default: 10% above quota limit).
* pop3_lock_session=yes now uses a POP3-only dovecot-pop3-session.lock file instead of actually locking the mailbox (and causing IMAP/LDA/LMTP to wait for the POP3 session to close).
* mail_shared_explicit_inbox setting's default switched to "no".
* ssl_client_ca_dir setting replaced imapc_ssl_ca_dir and pop3c_ssl_ca_dir settings.
+ Implemented IMAP MOVE and BINARY extensions
+ Implemented IMAP CATENATE, URLAUTH and URLAUTH=BINARY extensions (by Stephan Bosch).
+ Implemented IMAP NOTIFY extension. Requires mailbox_list_index=yes to be enabled.
+ Redesigned and rewritten dsync. The new design makes the syncing faster, more reliable and more featureful. The new dsync protocol isn't backwards compatible with old dsync versions (but is designed to be forwards compatible with future versions).
+ All mailbox formats now support per-user message flags for shared mailboxes by using a private index. It can be enabled by adding :INDEXPVT=<path> to mail location. This should be used instead of :INDEX also for Maildir/mbox to improve performance.
+ Improved mailbox list indexes. They should be usable now, although still disabled by default.
+ Added LAYOUT=index. The mailbox directories are created using their GUIDs in the filesystem, while the actual GUID <-> name mapping exists only in the index.
+ LMTP proxy: Implemented XCLIENT extension for passing remote IP address through proxy.
Dovecot-news mailing list
dovecot.org/cgi-bin/mailman/list ... vecot-news