I've been really busy the last few months, as I guess people in Dovecot mailing list have seen since I haven't been very responsive. There are at least some dsync bugs I haven't had time to look into yet. The busyness probably continues for a while more, but the next year is looking much better for me and for Dovecot in general. We're planning to hire a few more Dovecot coders at some point, so if you're interested send me an email.
+ auth: passdb/userdb dict rewrite to support much more complex setups. See doc/example-config/dovecot-dict-auth.conf.ext.
The old settings will continue to work.
+ auth: Added userdb result_success/failure/tempfail and skip settings, similar to passdb's. See [http://wiki2.dovecot.org/UserDatabase](http://wiki2.dovecot.org/UserDatabase)
+ imap: Implemented SETQUOTA command for admin user when quota_set is configured. See [master.wiki2.dovecot.org/Quota/Configuration](http://master.wiki2.dovecot.org/Quota/Configuration)
+ quota: Support "*" and "?" wildcards in mailbox names in quota_rules
+ mysql: Added ssl_verify_server_cert=no|yes parameter. This currently defaults to "no" to make sure nothing breaks, but likely will become "yes" in Dovecot v2.3.
+ ldap: Added blocking=yes setting to use auth worker processes for ldap lookups. This is a workaround for now to be able to use multiple simultaneous LDAP connections.
+ pop3c+dsync performance improvements
- quota-status: quota_grace was ignored
- ldap: Fixed memory leak with auth_bind=yes and without auth_bind_userdn.
- imap: Don't send HIGHESTMODSEQ anymore on SELECT/EXAMINE when CONDSTORE/QRESYNC has never before been enabled for the mailbox.
- imap: Fixes to handling mailboxes without permanent modseqs.
(When [NOMODSEQ] is returned by SELECT, mainly with in-memory indexes.)
- imap: Various fixes to METADATA support.
- stats plugin: Processes that only temporarily dropped privileges (e.g. indexer-worker) may have been logging errors about not being able to open /proc/self/io.
Dovecot-news mailing list