Error in configuration file: /usr/local/nagios/etc/nagios.cf

Hi,

Very new to Nagios, reading through the docs and setting up a test system. I’m modifying the sample config file. Line 48 states:

define contactgroup{ contactgroup_name SysteemBeheer alias Systeem Beheerders members Henkr, Johan, Stenio }

When I REM out those lines, it will give the same message on the next item in my config file, a define contact. Not sure what the problem is. I’m editing the file from my WinXP machine via a samba share using Ultraedit. I’ve tried to save the file both in dos and unix format but they both give the same issue.

Anyone familiar with this problem?

Cheers
Henk

is the div class stuff in the cfg file?

it shouldn’t be there…

Luca

[quote=“luca”]is the div class stuff in the cfg file?

it shouldn’t be there…

Luca[/quote]

Havent found any reference to div class in the cfg file…

What is on line 48? If it’s the "

", then that is the problem.

uhm possibly i know what happened. did you use the “code” feature of the forum? look at your message… there is some strange stuff in it… :slight_smile:

code feature test

Ciao, Luca

Again, what is on line 48? Don’t paste 5 lines of text and expect us to realize which one of the 5 is line 48.

What is that stuff doing in the nagios.cfg file anyway?
" define contactgroup{
contactgroup_name SysteemBeheer
alias Systeem Beheerders
members Henkr, Johan, Stenio
} "
That is supposed to be in the contactgroup.cfg file.

What version are you setting up?

Apologies all, I indeed used the code slash code option on this forum out of habit (posting a lot on some php and kixtart forum).

The issue mentioned here is solved btw after I installed fruity and did the basic setup with that, Nagios wanted to run.