Hardware checks on HP Proliant DL140 Servers

Hello,

I am trying to set up hardware monitoring on several HP Proliant DL140 G3 servers running CentOS 4. Specifically I am trying to monitor hardware raid and components such as memory and cpus. I have successfully set up hardware monitoring on Proliant DL360 and DL585 machines with the check_hpasm and check_cciss plugins, but the DL140’s don’t support the HP software those plugins require.

Here is what I have tried so far on the DL140’s:

check_hp_sata_raid - this requires the hpconf program. However, when testing hpconf it did not detect the sata controller. My reseach has led me to beleive the plugin does not support the controller anyhow. If anyone knows otherwise please let me know.

check_ipmi_eventlog.sh - I tried these as network_checks to the ilo interface on the DL 140 I am testing on. It uses the ipmitool command . When I run the ipmitool command manually, I get the output. However, the plugin itself does not work. For example, “ipmitool -I lan -H 192.168.0.11 -U user -P password sel elist” gives me output but “./check_ipmi_eventlog.sh -i lan -H 192.168.0.11 -u user -p password” gives me the message “IPMI connection failed with 192.168.0.11 interface.”

So I guess I have two questions. One, has anyone had success using the check_ipmi_eventlog plugin on the DL140’s? And two, are there any other plugins available to do hardware monitoring on HP DL140 servers? Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,

EdK