Hosting nagios for multiple businesses

Hi,

I’d like to use Nagios to monitor the networks of multiple, independant, networks owned by different businesses.

Security is important, but it doesn’t need to be insane. I just need to partition access and keep users from business A from seeing hosts from business B, and vice versa etc…

I’m new to Nagios, but I’ve got it up and running on a FreeBSD box as per the docs. Next step is to hopefully partition access as noted above.

Is this possible? Has anyone done this? If so, can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
ooboyle

You need to do 3 things…

1. set up an htaccess for each customer/business i.e. business_a, business_b etc.
    Assign them a password
  2. create a nagios “contact” for each. Again, business_a etc
  3. in your cgi.cfg:
    use_authentication=1

Nagios will only display information after web authentication for host/service contacts.

Try it!

Much appreciated :).

I wasn’t sure if using contacts would keep all the information segregated. Are there any exceptions to this rule, just so I’m prepared?

Thanks!

I don’t know of any exceptions.
Do what I advised for a test on one service, log in as that user and you should only see that one service.
What you will find though is that the user will see the whole left “nav bar” and if they click on say “alert history” they will get “access denied” errors. What I have done is just create a web page for them with a link to “services”.
Hover over “services” to get the url. It will give them the page without the nav bar.

Good tip!

Thanks again!