HTTP WARNING: HTTP/1.1 401 Authorization Required

this is most likely a stupid question but how do you remove the file created by the make command

well i just reinstalled and same dam thing. i have no idea at this time

Is the user defined in the htpasswd step the same you defined as contact? (i.e. nagiosadmin)

are you talking about step 1 or step 4. the user name to login to the user interface is nagiosadmin

and what user is defined in the contacts.cfg file?

i’m not sure if it gives taht error, but you can’t see objects for which you aren’t listed as contact, so if contact is admin and th euser loggining in is nagiosadmin there might be a problem…

[quote=“luca”]and what user is defined in the contacts.cfg file?

i’m not sure if it gives taht error, but you can’t see objects for which you aren’t listed as contact, so if contact is admin and th euser loggining in is nagiosadmin there might be a problem…[/quote]

the only thing i changed in that file was the email address

and that really shouldn’t be a problem :frowning:

please check in the apache config directories for the nagios config and post it…

[quote=“luca”]and that really shouldn’t be a problem :frowning:

please check in the apache config directories for the nagios config and post it…[/quote]

here ya go

SAMPLE CONFIG SNIPPETS FOR APACHE WEB SERVER

Last Modified: 11-26-2005

This file contains examples of entries that need

to be incorporated into your Apache web server

configuration file. Customize the paths, etc. as

needed to fit your system.

ScriptAlias /nagios/cgi-bin “/usr/local/nagios/sbin”

<Directory “/usr/local/nagios/sbin”>

SSLRequireSSL

Options ExecCGI
AllowOverride None
Order allow,deny
Allow from all

Order deny,allow

Deny from all

Allow from 127.0.0.1

AuthName "Nagios Access"
AuthType Basic
AuthUserFile /usr/local/nagios/etc/htpasswd.users
Require valid-user

Alias /nagios “/usr/local/nagios/share”

<Directory “/usr/local/nagios/share”>

SSLRequireSSL

Options None
AllowOverride None
Order allow,deny
Allow from all

Order deny,allow

Deny from all

Allow from 127.0.0.1

AuthName "Nagios Access"
AuthType Basic
AuthUserFile /usr/local/nagios/etc/htpasswd.users
Require valid-user

i REALLY hoped to find something strange there… but there isn’t :confused:

only thing which comes to mind is cehck the logs again, access.log ad error.log… and see if there’s something more we missed.
i get around ten requests logged when opening the main page and then clicking on services…

it looks like it’s something relative only to the sbin part… the directories permissions maybe?

[quote=“luca”]i REALLY hoped to find something strange there… but there isn’t :confused:

only thing which comes to mind is cehck the logs again, access.log ad error.log… and see if there’s something more we missed.
i get around ten requests logged when opening the main page and then clicking on services…

it looks like it’s something relative only to the sbin part… the directories permissions maybe?[/quote]

OK here is what i am going to do. i will delete both access and error files and and then log in and browse around and then post there errors. give me a few minutes
also how do i log out of the current nagios page in order to get the user and pass prompt

closing all browser windows should do it.

well this is bizarre. after deleting the access and error logs and closing the browser and relogging in there is no access or error logs

O_o

all working?

[quote=“luca”]O_o

all working?[/quote]

LOL NO

here is the access and error logs

been removed for security

it returns ok on everything but the first file (which is where the authentication starts…) it looks correct… what’s it saying now?

Well i am at a loss. i have no idea

here is the access log again after logging to a monitoring control panel on the same server.

removed for security

My suggestion: Install it on Ubuntu. Way easier, lol. I tried installing Nagios on CentOS 5 and just gave up. Not worth the effort unless its mandatory for you to use CentOS 5.