IBM Bladecenter


Hi! I have tried the check_snmp_IBM_Bladecenter plugin and it works fine via comandline but not in Nagios. Has anyone else tried this plugin? I have tried all difrent configurations in the commands.cfg.


I use this plugin and everything works fine both in cli and in Nagios.
Here’s what I have in my commands.cfg:

define command{
command_name check_snmp_IBM_Bladecenter
command_line /usr/bin/perl $USER1$/ -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -w $ARG1$ -c $ARG2$ -C $ARG3$ -t $ARG4$

And here’s one of the services config:

define service{
use switch-service
host_name bladecenter4
service_description System Temperature
check_command check_snmp_IBM_Bladecenter!!![community]!System-Temp-Ambient

Also, check if you are running this command in cli as root or nagios? It should work as nagios. Hope this helps!

Best regards,


Hi! First of all thank you very much for your reply! I have looked at my config and it is almost like yours.

[quote]define command {
command_name check_snmp_IBM_Bladecenter
command_line /usr/bin/perl $USER1$/ -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -w $ARG1$ -c $ARG2$ -C $ARG3$ -t $ARG4$

[quote]define service{
use generic-service ;inherit from template
host_name bladecenter
service_description System Temperature
icon_image cpu.gif
check_command check_snmp_IBM_Bladecenter!!!nagios!System-Temp-Ambient

I have tried to run the command in CLI as nagios user and get fine results.

[quote]$ ./ -H192.168.1.22 -C nagios -t Blades-Count
OK Blades-Count (3) 3 Operational Blades[/quote]

However I always get this error. I have tried several -t options. Press view image to see all of it with the null error. I will give this up soon but maybe someone here has some lind of idéa why it does not work.



Try to get some value from Bladecenter using ‘snmpget’ command as nagios user. This plugin uses Net-SNMP to get the values…
No more ideas for now…

Best regards,


possibly some missing environment variable… try running the command from a shell script and save the output, run the shell script from crontab and check the output…


Finally I got this working with help from the author. Here is the soloution

The key is to adjust the line at the top of the script that reads:
use libs qw( /opt/nagios/libexec );

to something like:
use libs qw( /usr/lib/nagios/plugins /usr/lib64/nagios/plugins);

the libs path needs to include where the file is
(the reason has to do with nagios’s embedded perl implementation. and the fact that nagios does not execute it from the plugins directory)

the file is normally in your plugins directory. Once I get control of the plugin on exchange again I’ll upload a new copy that has