Installing Nagios on AIX 5L

Is there anyone that has installed Nagios on an AIX5.2 or AIX 5.3 machine and gotten it to run? I have been running the old Netsaint for a long time on AIX 4.3.3 very successfully and now we are finally upgrading to AIX 5L. I am having compiling issues and not sure how to resolve them.

Is there anyone that can help me with this?? I will take any suggestions you have to offer. If you know someone that has done this please have them contact me or tell me how to contact them. I will not take up much of anyone’s time I just need some direction here…

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks
[email protected]

I’m not a programmer, but it seems to me, that if it compiled before then it should again on your newer version. Perhaps you are missing some libraries, which would be evident when you run ./configure.

I got all kinds of errors just on my CentOS machine, and you have to resolve each of them. Gd missing, perhaps apache, mysql libs, … it could be almost anything.

Just try to resolve the particular errors. It would be quicker than searching for someone who has the exact same setup as you.

I’ve been doing that and the main errors I’m getting seem to be gcc & Perl errors…I do have my paths set and I can run ‘make’ on all of the other modules with no errors but the base one of course…Here’s what I get when I do the ‘make all’

make all
cd ./base && make
gcc -g -O2 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DNSCORE nagios.c checks.o config.o commands.o flapping.o logging.o notifications.o sehandlers.o utils.o sretention.o …/xdata/xrddefault.c …/common/comments.c …/xdata/xcddefault.c …/common/objects.c …/xdata/xodtemplate.c …/common/statusdata.c …/xdata/xsddefault.c perfdata.o …/xdata/xpddefault.c …/common/downtime.c …/xdata/xdddefault.c -lm -o nagios
collect2: library libm not found
make: 1254-004 The error code from the last command is 1.

I am not a programmer either only aspiring…Any suggestions since I don’t seem to have libm?? I know I didn’t have one on my old system…

rpm -qf /usr/lib/libm.a
glibc-devel-2.3.4-2.9

So it looks like you need glibc-devel installed.

where do I get that from???..All I’ve found was glib but not glibc…It doesn’t look like they are the same…I don’t see libm in the list of glib libraries…