According to the Nagios documentation (nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/2_0/cgiauth.html) authenticated contacts have access to Service Status Information, Service Configuration Information, Service History, Service Notifications, Service Commands, etc. In addition, users that have been added to the authorized_for_all_services and authorized_for_all_service_commands directives in cgi.cfg should have access to all service related CGI’s.
The problem that I am currently facing is that even though I am logging in with the nagiosadmin account, which has been granted all permissions in cgi.cfg including authorized_for_all_service_commands and authorized_for_all_services and is also an authenticated contact for all services, I am unable to view most service related information in the CGI’s.
I am unable to view:
- Any service configuration options/information in the status CGI
- All service statistics in the trends CGI
- Any statistics for individual services the availability CGI
- Any service statistics in the histogram CGI
I am able to view:
- Any service group related statistics in the availability CGI
- Any aggregated (e.g. all services) statistics in the availability CGI
- Service related information in the summary CGI
Does anybody have any ideas about what is going on? Where should I look to try and troubleshoot this?
I am using Nagios 3.1.0