When trying to install the RPM version on RHEL4…

error: Failed dependencies: is needed by nagios-2.5-1.el4.rf.i386

**locate libperl **reveals:


I’ve tried upgrading perl and it didn’t help. Any ideas? 8)


Install from source.


The nagios install from source appears to have went fine. When I tried the plugin install from source, however, I get the following error during make (and make install):

Making install in intl
make[1]: Entering directory /root/nagios-plugins-1.4.3/intl' if test "nagios-plugins" = "gettext" \ && test '' = 'intl-compat.o'; then \ /bin/shcase “./mkinstalldirs” in /*) echo “./mkinstalldirs” ;; ) echo “…/./mkinstalldirs” ;; esac/usr/local/nagios/lib /usr/local/nagios/include; \ /usr/bin/install -c -m 644 libintl.h /usr/local/nagios/include/libintl.h; \ /bin/sh ../libtool --mode=install \ /usr/bin/install -c -m 644 libintl.a /usr/local/nagios/lib/libintl.a; \ else \ : ; \ fi if test 'no' = yes; then \ test yes != no || /bin/shcase “./mkinstalldirs” in /) echo “./mkinstalldirs” ;; ) echo “…/./mkinstalldirs” ;; esac/usr/local/nagios/lib; \ temp=/usr/local/nagios/lib/t-charset.alias; \ dest=/usr/local/nagios/lib/charset.alias; \ if test -f /usr/local/nagios/lib/charset.alias; then \ orig=/usr/local/nagios/lib/charset.alias; \ sed -f ref-add.sed $orig > $temp; \ /usr/bin/install -c -m 644 $temp $dest; \ rm -f $temp; \ else \ if test yes = no; then \ orig=charset.alias; \ sed -f ref-add.sed $orig > $temp; \ /usr/bin/install -c -m 644 $temp $dest; \ rm -f $temp; \ fi; \ fi; \ /bin/shcase “./mkinstalldirs” in /) echo “./mkinstalldirs” ;; ) echo “…/./mkinstalldirs” ;; esac/usr/local/nagios/share/locale; \ test -f /usr/local/nagios/share/locale/locale.alias \ && orig=/usr/local/nagios/share/locale/locale.alias \ || orig=./locale.alias; \ temp=/usr/local/nagios/share/locale/t-locale.alias; \ dest=/usr/local/nagios/share/locale/locale.alias; \ sed -f ref-add.sed $orig > $temp; \ /usr/bin/install -c -m 644 $temp $dest; \ rm -f $temp; \ else \ : ; \ fi if test "nagios-plugins" = "gettext"; then \ /bin/shcase “./mkinstalldirs” in /) echo “./mkinstalldirs” ;; *) echo “…/./mkinstalldirs” ;; esac/usr/local/nagios/share/gettext/intl; \ /usr/bin/install -c -m 644 VERSION /usr/local/nagios/share/gettext/intl/VERSION; \ /usr/bin/install -c -m 644 ChangeLog.inst /usr/local/nagios/share/gettext/intl/ChangeLog; \ dists="COPYING.LIB-2.0 COPYING.LIB-2.1 config.charset locale.alias ref-add.sin ref-del.sin gmo.h gettextP.h hash-string.h plural-exp.h eval-plural.h os2compat.h libgnuintl.h loadinfo.h bindtextdom.c dcgettext.c dgettext.c gettext.c finddomain.c loadmsgcat.c localealias.c textdomain.c l10nflist.c explodename.c dcigettext.c dcngettext.c dngettext.c ngettext.c plural.y plural-exp.c localcharset.c localename.c osdep.c os2compat.c intl-compat.c"; \ for file in $dists; do \ /usr/bin/install -c -m 644 ./$file \ /usr/local/nagios/share/gettext/intl/$file; \ done; \ chmod a+x /usr/local/nagios/share/gettext/intl/config.charset; \ dists="plural.c"; \ for file in $dists; do \ if test -f $file; then dir=.; else dir=.; fi; \ /usr/bin/install -c -m 644 $dir/$file \ /usr/local/nagios/share/gettext/intl/$file; \ done; \ dists="xopen-msg.sed linux-msg.sed cat-compat.c COPYING.LIB-2 gettext.h libgettext.h plural-eval.c"; \ for file in $dists; do \ rm -f /usr/local/nagios/share/gettext/intl/$file; \ done; \ else \ : ; \ fi make[1]: Leaving directory/root/nagios-plugins-1.4.3/intl’
Making install in lib
make[1]: Entering directory /root/nagios-plugins-1.4.3/lib' make install-am make[2]: Entering directory/root/nagios-plugins-1.4.3/lib’
make[3]: Entering directory /root/nagios-plugins-1.4.3/lib' make[3]: Nothing to be done forinstall-exec-am’.
make[3]: Nothing to be done for install-data-am'. make[3]: Leaving directory/root/nagios-plugins-1.4.3/lib’
make[2]: Leaving directory /root/nagios-plugins-1.4.3/lib' make[1]: Leaving directory/root/nagios-plugins-1.4.3/lib’
Making install in plugins
make[1]: Entering directory /root/nagios-plugins-1.4.3/plugins' Making install in tests make[2]: Entering directory/root/nagios-plugins-1.4.3/plugins/tests’
make[3]: Entering directory /root/nagios-plugins-1.4.3/plugins/tests' make[3]: Nothing to be done forinstall-exec-am’.
make[3]: Nothing to be done for install-data-am'. make[3]: Leaving directory/root/nagios-plugins-1.4.3/plugins/tests’
make[2]: Leaving directory /root/nagios-plugins-1.4.3/plugins/tests' make[2]: Entering directory/root/nagios-plugins-1.4.3/plugins’
if gcc -DLOCALEDIR="/usr/local/nagios/share/locale" -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I… -I… -I…/lib -I…/intl -I/usr/include/ldap -I/usr/include -I/usr/kerberos/include -Wall -g -O2 -MT check_snmp.o -MD -MP -MF “.deps/check_snmp.Tpo” -c -o check_snmp.o check_snmp.c;
then mv -f “.deps/check_snmp.Tpo” “.deps/check_snmp.Po”; else rm -f “.deps/check_snmp.Tpo”; exit 1; fi
**check_snmp.c: In function main': check_snmp.c:341: parse error beforechar’
check_snmp.c:342: str' undeclared (first use in this function) check_snmp.c:342: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once check_snmp.c:342: for each function it appears in.) make[2]: *** [check_snmp.o] Error 1 make[2]: Leaving directory/root/nagios-plugins-1.4.3/plugins’
make[1]: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/nagios-plugins-1.4.3/plugins’
make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1


There’s a patch to fix this: (last one on page)