Multi windows machine to monitor

Hi,
I am new to Nagios.
I have configured 3.0.5 its working fine. now i want to add my second windows server to it, how do i do it ?

&

For email notifications where i need to enter my email address & smtp server details

[blockquote]i want to add my second windows server to it, how do i do it ?[/blockquote]
nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/3_0/ … ndows.html

[blockquote]For email notifications where i need to enter my email address…[/blockquote]
That’s detailed in the quickstart guide…

[blockquote]4) Customize Configuration

Sample configuration files have now been installed in the /usr/local/nagios/etc directory. These sample files should work fine for getting started with Nagios. You’ll need to make just one change before you proceed…

Edit the /usr/local/nagios/etc/objects/contacts.cfg config file with your favorite editor and change the email address associated with the nagiosadmin contact definition to the address you’d like to use for receiving alerts.

vi /usr/local/nagios/etc/objects/contacts.cfg[/blockquote] nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/3_0/ … edora.html

[blockquote]…& smtp server details[/blockquote]
The short answer is “nowhere”… The quickstart guide goes on to say…
[blockquote]Configuring email notifications is out of the scope of this documentation. While Nagios is currently configured to send you email notifications, your system may not yet have a mail program properly installed or configured. Refer to your system documentation, search the web…[/blockquote] yada yada yada

So, Nagios isn’t equipped with an SMTP server. All it knows is that it needs to ‘notify’… how that is done is up to how you configure it with your appropriate command object definitions. By default, it’s set up to try and send email, you have a couple of command objects defined in commands.cfg usuall called something like notify-host-by-email and notify-service-by-email… these basically pipe the notification message out to /usr/bin/mail… and so that’ll only work if you have sendmail installed and set up correctly, and the sendmail configuration is where you’d need to put your SMTP relay address. Of course, you don’t have to use sendmail, you could use some other SMTP program. Or not even notify by email at all and something else entirely, like a pager or SMS. Nagios doesn’t care, all you need to do is tell it how to send the message to the external program, and it’s the external program that takes care of that side of things. This is also documented fairly well…
[blockquote]Notification Methods

You can have Nagios notify you of problems and recoveries pretty much anyway you want: pager, cellphone, email, instant message, audio alert, electric shocker, etc. How notifications are sent depend on the notification commands that are defined in your object definition files.

Note: If you install Nagios according to the quickstart guide, it should be configured to send email notifications. You can see the email notification commands that are used by viewing the contents of the following file: /usr/local/nagios/etc/objects/commands.cfg.

Specific notification methods (paging, etc.) are not directly incorporated into the Nagios code as it just doesn’t make much sense. The “core” of Nagios is not designed to be an all-in-one application. If service checks were embedded in Nagios’ core it would be very difficult for users to add new check methods, modify existing checks, etc. Notifications work in a similiar manner. There are a thousand different ways to do notifications and there are already a lot of packages out there that handle the dirty work, so why re-invent the wheel and limit yourself to a bike tire? Its much easier to let an external entity (i.e. a simple script or a full-blown messaging system) do the messy stuff. Some messaging packages that can handle notifications for pagers and cellphones are listed below in the resource section.
[/blockquote] nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/3_0/ … tions.html

HTH

/S