Nagios 2.0b3 configuration problems

Hi all
Well right now im working on enabling nagios to receive snmp traps by using snmptt. During the process i need to create the snmptrapd.conf file and edit it. Does any1 have a sample of this file??? I really need some help, i only have 2 weeks to finish my project! Help Please!

snmp traps are my weak point. When you learn all about it, instruct me too. :slight_smile: Sorry.

[left]I’m still wondering why I get the “Could not read object configuration data!” error. But I thought I’d pass on a better way to deal withthe SELinux issue. Turning off SELinux will work, but it decreases the security of your Fedora (or RHEL4) system. The right way to fix the problem is to edit the SELinux policy, which is a bit involved. But there’s an intermefiate approach that works well in this case. The chcon command will change the “security context” of objects on the system. This is just a label that goes on objects like files and directories, which SELinux uses to enforce its policies. The following command (run on my X86_64 FC4 system, on top of DAG Weer’s Nagios RPMs rebuilt on the local system) gets rid of the exec errors:[/left]

[left]So, what that does is, it takes the security context of /var/www/cgi-bin, and applies it recursively to the directory /usr/lib64/nagios/cgi. This makes good sense because those files will serve exactly the same purpose (as far as apache is concerned) as those in /var/www/cgi-bin.[/left]

Yes, I used the chcon command with various other params to fix my problem (running on Fedora Core 4, 32-bit).

I imagine, though, that the second path would need to be changed to fit the location of your Nagios cgi’s.