Good morning. I have a Nagios expert contract position with a client of mine in Burlington, MA. I wanted to share it with everyone here and see if anyone was interested. Here's a basic description. If you have any questions at all shoot me an e-mail to** email@example.com** . Thanks.
Our Consultant Engineer with a passion for leading edge technology. Our Operations Team is expanding and maintaining a high performance, high availability infrastructure to deliver our web services applications. The ideal candidate will possess a breadth of hands-on experience with maintaining 24x7x365 applications in an N-tiered environment, Linux, and will bring to bear a sense of excellence and diligence.
* Expand and maintain a network of high performance systems.
* Develop scripts for deployment automation and other functions.
* Perform and/or supervise Production-critical software deployments.
* Investigate, diagnose, and implement corrective action to Production environments as well as internal development environments.
* Occasional off-shift availability to resolve Production issues or assist in Production deployments.
* On-call duties will be shared with the Operations Team.
* Work closely with other members of the Operations Team, mentor others in your areas of expertise, and be an active contributing member of the company as a whole.
* Maintain and expand monitoring and trending systems.
* Nagios Expert in scripting, developing, configuring and optimal utilization of Nagios System Monitoring.
* Proven expertise in 24x7 Mission Critical applications environment with a responsibility for superior uptime and integrity.
* This is to support a bleeding edge wireless application with global demand and extremely high traffic.
* Position for a Senior Consultant as the turn-to Nagios point of contact for the applications development and support team.
* In this very visable role, the Senior Consultant will likely be interacting at both highly technical and project/executive level business leaders.
* Expertise in complex, high availability, high traffic Open Systems environments a must.
* Tomcat, Apache, JBoss, Linux expertise.
* Mobil applications a plus.
* Conversant in computer, network, and data security concepts.
* Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical employees and with vendors of system related products.
* Strong problem solving, testing, and network troubleshooting skills.
* Meticulous attention to detail with an appreciation for the relationship between system reliability and company success.
* Comfort working in a truly international company, as many teams on this project are in Finland and India.
* A solid team player. Lone guns need not apply.
* B.S. Engineering, Computer Science or related technology preferred or equivalent experience.
* Boston, MA metropolitan area
* Up to 10% travel