My name is Emmanuel. I am from france and working in a business as an I.T Technician.
A trainee set up Nagios in our business and I took over to get it working properly. I am running into a problem when setting up postfix and getting the alerts.
Let me explain :
- The trainee set up the alert to be sent from his email account (domi…@…com). The alert were not working when he left.
- I worked today on Nagios and especially on getting the alert working. I worked on getting the information into the main.cfg file.
- I sent an email to myself and it worked.
the problem :
4. When I received the email, I noticed that it was sent from the trainee email address.
5. I tried to find where this was registered. I went into the aliases file, set up my name and email address (… : root)
6. I tried again sending myself and email… still the same with his address
7. I deleted his user name on nagios and even removed his email address where I could find it… still the same… receiving an email from his email account.
8. I removed few computers from the network and noticed that ALL the alerts where sent to his email account. I used the webmail to check his mail (noting that he is not in the business anymore as he finished his apprenticeship).
Here is what I get with the command below :
dominique… is the person who worked on it and he is as root…
[root@GRPPGS ~]# cat /etc/passwd
So my question is : How can I removed his address and getting mine to take over which means to get all of the alerts going to my email account ?
I spent many hours looking at google… and managed to get some changes but this one ??? I don’t manage to get it resolved.
Thanks so much.