Nagios resends notifications in 25 minutes, instead of 120

Nagios resends notifications every 25 minutes even though I have set notification_interval from 120 to 120m. It might take the changed interval_limit from nagios.cfg. I am receiving far too many e-mails and text messages in case of downtime at the moment. We’re testing our monitoring servers at the moment, but we don’t need a new notification every 25 minutes…

I have restarted nagios after making changes. It’s a strange thing that Nagios sends e-mail even though notification_interval is set to 120m. Is it possible to set notification_interval to 120m instead of 120? I was worried about using 120, because I changed interval_length to 25. That’s why I have set the value to 120m. Please, if anybody can give me a push in the right direction, that would be greatly appreciated.

I’ve never used a notification interval telling nagios it should consider them minutes instead of “nagios intervals”… (OTOH it doesn’t give errors)
Is it in the docs? i don’t remeber seeing it.

why do you need a 25 second interval? wouldn’t it be easier to use a standard 60 sec interval so it’s all in minutes? or do you need some check to be executed more oftne than once a minute?

Luca

[quote=“luca”]I’ve never used a notification interval telling nagios it should consider them minutes instead of “nagios intervals”… (OTOH it doesn’t give errors)
Is it in the docs? i don’t remeber seeing it.

why do you need a 25 second interval? wouldn’t it be easier to use a standard 60 sec interval so it’s all in minutes? or do you need some check to be executed more oftne than once a minute?

Luca[/quote]

Luca; thanks for your response! Let’s move communication to my other thread: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=4790&p=16360#p16360 (duplicate).