Nagios to monitor windows servers

I’m trying to monitor windows servers by using nagios on a linux system. I have nagios up and running and it is now monitoring windows using nsclient. The problem is, nsclient only reports on basic stuff… I would like to expand on this to be able to monitor such stuff as, eventlogs, antivirus status, basically as much stuff as possible…

I have read into using net-snmp, which i have installed on linux. But i’m unsure about getting it setup in windows and linux to talk to eachother…

as far as I understand, i just need to install net-snmp as an agent, which reports “mibs” to the nagios computer…

would anyone know any guides on doing this? I have searched for hours on the net…

Thanks,
Wes

you can monitor through nsclient anything you find in the windows performance monitor…

Luca

You can monitor processes and services with check_nt -H x.x.x.x SERVICESTATE/PROCSTATE. Disk can be monitored with “$USER1$/check_nt -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -v USEDDISKSPACE -l $ARG1$ -w 90 -c 95” or “$USER1$/check_nt -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -v COUNTER -l “\LogicalDisk($ARG1$:)\Free Megabytes”,”%.f free MegaBytes on $AR
G1$:" -w 300 -c 200" with PERFMON data.

Edited Fri Jun 24 2005, 04:23AM ]

nagiosexchange.org/Windows.49.0.html

nagiosexchange.org/Windows.4 … nagext_pi1[p_view]=221

Ok thanks for the help. I already have it working with nsclient. I will add the NagEventLog and check that out. I would really like to get this working with snmp though…

So if anyone has any experience with monitoring windows using snmp and nagios (and not just nsclient) I need your help!

resource.intel.com/telecom/suppo … tm#1001777
This should get you started. I’m sure you can google for more.
manageengine.adventnet.com/produ … gents.html

Edited Fri Jun 24 2005, 12:50PM ]