Nagios Web Interface showing incorrect information

Well this is a weird one. Nagios is randomly not showing the correct information. If I refresh the pages enough times I eventually get a page showing the correct number of hosts and services being polled. Now if I click on a link it goes to the correct page but then subsequent links don’t work.

If I click on “service detail” from the menu bar I get a page showing only a single service when I am in fact polling 17 services. If I click “service detail” again then I get a list of all current services being polled.

If I click on “service problems” from the menu bar I never get a list of service problems even though I have 2 currently.

This is currently driving me nuts as I cannot find the cause and no it is not due to a caching issue and I’ve tried different browsers with the same results.

SuSE 8.1 Pro
Nagios 2.2
RRDTool 1.2.9
Nagmin (bug fixed and working)
Apache 2.0.55
MySQL 5.0.19

The tactical overview page is also showing random results. Any ideas ?

You have more than one nagios running.
/etc/rc.d/init.d/nagios stop
then do a
ps -ef|grep nagios
make sure there is no nagios running with the above. If you are sure, they are all dead, then start nagios.

Many thanks … I hadn’t spotted that a different process was also running … in fact there were about 4 instances of nagios running (due to me bug chasing)

Thanks for the pointer.

Cheers for that pointer … I had left an old nagios instance running from when i was bug chasing.

Now we’re talking telephone numbers :slight_smile: