NDOUtiles 1.4b7 and Nagios 3.0.4, compatibility issues?

Hi all,

I’ve been running Nagios 3.0.4 on an openSUSE 11.0 box for a couple of weeks now and have been very happy with it until recently. I’ve been trying to get NDOUtils 1.4b7 installed in order to get NagVis for map visualizations to work.

I’ve got NDO all installed and interfacing with the mySQL service on the local system like a champ, but when I go to bring it up working in Nagios I get:
Error: Function nebmodule_init() in module ‘/usr/local/nagios/bin/ndomod-3x.o’ returned an error. Module will be unloaded.

Looking at the nebmodule_init() function it appears that one of the first things it does is to check on the nagios object structure version to make sure that it’s compatible. I haven’t been able to find the actual value of the expected version in the code anywhere though, and despite somewhat extensive searching I haven’t be able to find any information or opinions one way or the other whether those two versions are fundamentally compatible or not.

Downgrading Nagios is technically possible but something I really would like to avoid at nearly all costs.

So my question is: Is NDOUtils 1.4b7 compatible with Nagios 3.0.4? If it is are there any hints about what I might be doing wrong and/or might do to resolve this? If it’s not is there somewhere I might be able to find a development path to say when NDO Utils may or may not be again compatible with the current stable version of Nagios?

Thanks for your time and help with this. :slight_smile: I appreciate it.

Lawrence ‘Igennus’ Jackson

Hi,
I did not work on openSUSE but i have been using the same versions on centOS and did not find any problems.

Regards,

Hmmmmm.

Good to know that it’s at least theoretically possible,but now I’ve got to figure out why it’s doing this.
I think I followed the NDO intall documentation very precisely but I don’t know.

If anyone even has a pointer in the right direction I’d be grateful.

Thanks again,
Lawrence ‘Igennus’ Jackson