Need help installing Nagios on FreeBSD

HI everybody,

I think i m the newest member in this club. I am trying to install nagios on a FreeBSD machine. Also, this is the first time that I have been working with Nagios or FreeBSD, rather I would say any open source program.

I am a N/Wing pro. and my knowledge is mostly limited to product based like cisco, bay n/ws. For n/w monitoring, till now i have used hp openview.

At present while doing my Master’s, I have to install Nagios on this FreeBSD machine. I have spent last 7 hrs trying to run the configure command to compile the installation script by taking help from the nagios site.

Any help in this direction would be highly appreciated. Also, do let me know the links which tell me precisely how to go about this installation.

I am connected to the freebsd pc for 24 hrs through the SSH. If somebody can schedule a chat session would be me, I would be glad to work as per his convienence.

Please help !!! :slight_smile:

Hi Anchor

I can try installing nagios on your server.

you can send me mail on [email protected]
the we will start chat session

regards
nilesh

[quote=“anchor”]HI everybody,

I think i m the newest member in this club. I am trying to install nagios on a FreeBSD machine. Also, this is the first time that I have been working with Nagios or FreeBSD, rather I would say any open source program.

I am a N/Wing pro. and my knowledge is mostly limited to product based like cisco, bay n/ws. For n/w monitoring, till now i have used hp openview.

At present while doing my Master’s, I have to install Nagios on this FreeBSD machine. I have spent last 7 hrs trying to run the configure command to compile the installation script by taking help from the nagios site.

Any help in this direction would be highly appreciated. Also, do let me know the links which tell me precisely how to go about this installation.

I am connected to the freebsd pc for 24 hrs through the SSH. If somebody can schedule a chat session would be me, I would be glad to work as per his convienence.

Please help !!! :slight_smile: [/quote]