Need help with check_hpjd plugin

Hello all,

first off, I am a new linux user, so I am probably missing something obvious. Please excuse the newbie questions!

I am running nagios 3.0 on Ubuntu 8.04 (Hardy Heron).
I am having trouble getting the check_hpjd plugin to go into the /usr/local/nagios/libexec/ directory.
I’ve installed nagios and the plugins according to the quick start guide for Ubuntu, and installed net-SNMP from the synaptic package manager (and recompiled the plugins)

I’ve tried to run the /config… > make > make all serveral times, but it won’t seem to port over.

Everything else appears to be ok… I can get it to monitor a few of my windows servers, no problem.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Hi

Possibly the package manager has installed snmpget in some wierd directory other than where the script looks for it. Try ./configure with the following option:

--with-snmpget-command=PATH Path to snmpget command 

HTH

/S

I get the following response:

root@msmonitor:~/downloads/nagios-plugins-1.4.11# ./configure --with-snmpget-command=PATH Path to snmpget command
configure: WARNING: you should use --build, --host, --target
checking for a BSD-compatible install… /usr/bin/install -c
checking whether build environment is sane… yes
checking for gawk… no
checking for mawk… mawk
checking whether make sets $(MAKE)… yes
checking build system type… Invalid configuration Path': machinePath’ not recognized
configure: error: /bin/bash build-aux/config.sub Path failed
root@msmonitor:~/downloads/nagios-plugins-1.4.11#

Hi

Yeah, “–with-snmpget-command=PATH Path to snmpget command” is an extract from the configure script’s help… lemme re-write it a little. You will need to run “–with-snmpget-command=PATH” where you replace “PATH” with your path to snmpget command, for example “–with-snmpget-command=/usr/bin” or perhaps “–with-snmpget-command=/foo/bar” or whatever, depending where the executable is.

You must also include all the other commandline switches as per the install guide documentation.

HTH

/S

Heh, can you tell I’m new to this?

When I intially set this up, I followed the Nagios instructions verbatim… my “downloads” directory ownership was root. I deleted this and recreated it within myself as the owner, and redownloaded the plugins. I chmod / chowned it (I’m new to this) until the permissions were wide open. I reinstalled the plugins based on the instructions, and the check_hpdj was in the proper directory…

In short, it was a permission problem.

This is a test box and it’s inside of our firewall, so I’m not as concerned about security for my download folder. The most important thing is that it works :wink:

Thank you for your help Strides!

Duplicate post - Please delete!