New build, all checks get (Return code of 127 is out of boun

Hi,

Just spent the last day building a box from scratch - OpenSUSE 11, Nagios 3.0.2 and nagios-plugins-1.4.12. had a few problems along the way - still can’t figure out what libs for the radius checks are missing, but after following the quick start guide, I got the Nagios screen displayed.

Now the problem…
Every check on localhost and on the first device I added I get the error (Return code of 127 is out of bounds - plugin may be missing). I checked thus

#/usr/local/nagios/bin/nagios -v /usr/local/nagios/etc/nagios.cfg
*-snip- *
Total Warnings: 0
Total Errors: 0

Things look okay - No serious problems were detected during the pre-flight check

But for everything I get the same error…

Can anyone point me in the right direction on this

Thanks

Neil

Hi,

Firstly, this error can come from 2 major reasons:

1. the path to your plugin may be wrong … so, check that the command definition points to the right path/file (note: the variable $USER1$ is defined in your ressource.cfg file)
  2. the user that nagios is using (probably nagios…) does not have the rights to execute the plugins. => Change the rights on the plug ins and the directory

Also, in your web interface, go to the “event log”: nagios may tell you where nagios is looking for your plugin … you might learn something interesting here.

Hope this helps

Cheers

The resource.cfg needed an update.

All working now… I guess the hard part now, doing all the config.

Thanks

Neil.