By searching a huge information database on the Internet,finally I am asking you to give me solution to configure NRPE for AIX. Please check below steps for detailed information.
1) Configured Nagios Server 3.0.6 on CentOS 5.2 & it is working fine with normal commands. I am getting localhost "Disk Usage, Memory, Swap Space etc..."
2) I have 3 nos.of AIX 5.3 OS & all AIX Servers are connected with my CentOS 5.2 in a same LAN Switch. I can ping & ssh locally & i have configured check_ssh , check_ftp , check_http services on my CentOS to monitor AIX Servers.
3) Now, I though to install NRPE on AIX 5.3,so that I can get better AIX Server Output like ... Disk Usage,Swap Usage,CPU Load, Online Users.
4) For that,i have downloaded AIX compiled patch from below listed URL
monitoringexchange.org/cgi-b ... 9.html;d=1
I have copied all tar files,which i download onto AIX Servers & did all things as mentioned in "howto.txt" file.
5) All plugins on AIX is working locally.Check below result.
**/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_swap -w 30% -c 10%
SWAP OK - 100% free (41057 MB out of 41472 MB) |swap=41057MB;12441;4147;0;41472**
Now, from Nagios Server Side, executing the same command,giving me an error.
**./check_nrpe -n -H 10.100.19.86 -c check_swap -t 30
NRPE: Command 'check_swap' not defined**
6) On the Nagios Web Interface,i am getting error of :- No output returned from plugin
Kindly check attached snap1.jpg
7) I have configured nagios server 3.0.2 & NRPE version 2.12 on AIX,which is tested as per the "nagios exchange" community. Then, why i am getting this error?
8) Some Command output of AIX PC.(Which is NRPE installed)
ps -ef | grep nrpe
nagios 164070 1 0 17:23:41 - 0:01 /usr/local/nagios/nrpe -c /usr/local/nagios/nrpe.cfg -d
Some Important Command Outputs :-
If I type below command from centos nagios server to aix nrpe client, i am getting below message.
/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_nrpe -H -c check_load -t 30
CHECK_NRPE: Error - Could not complete SSL handshake.
/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_nrpe -H -c check_load -t 30 -n
NRPE: Command 'check_load' not defined
/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_nrpe -n -H localhost
CHECK_NRPE: Error receiving data from daemon.
./check_nrpe -H localhost
Connected to gjvatwb1 (10.100.19.86).
Escape character is '^]'.
It means, AIX NRPE is working fine???
netstat -at | grep nrpe
tcp 0 0 :nrpe *: LISTEN
Connected to localhost (127.0.0.1)
Escape character is '^]'.
Kindly suggest me what is the solution for this error? I tried my best to find out hundreds of links on the internet,but got nothing.