Notification not always working Nagios 1.2

Anyone else have a problem with notifications not always working?
Usually the log looks like this:
[1119525391] SERVICE ALERT: servername;WWW website.no;CRITICAL;HARD;5;Invalid host name 'https://www.website.no/'Unable to open TCP socket
[1119525391] SERVICE NOTIFICATION: admin-name;servername;WWW website.no;CRITICAL;notify-by-sms;Invalid host name 'https://www.website.no/'Unable to open TCP socket

Sometime i just get:
[1119561141] SERVICE ALERT: server01;PING;CRITICAL;HARD;1;FPING CRITICAL - server01.ourdomain.no (loss=100.000000% )

and no notification…
Both use generic-service:
define service {
name generic-service
active_checks_enabled 1
passive_checks_enabled 1
parallelize_check 1
is_volatile 0
obsess_over_service 0
check_freshness 0
notifications_enabled 1
event_handler_enabled 1
flap_detection_enabled 1
process_perf_data 0
retain_status_information 1
retain_nonstatus_information 1
check_period 24x7
max_check_attempts 5
normal_check_interval 3
retry_check_interval 5
contact_groups admins
notification_interval 30
notification_period 24x7
notification_options u,c,r
register 0
}

You have to enable notifications for each and every service that you want to get notifications for, by using the website links "Enable notifications for this service"
Look at the docs for the reason that you have to do this.
nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/1_0/ … tion_notes

I assume that you meant that you get notifications for some servers, but for other you do not.

But if you meant that you get notifications for server1 on Monday, but on Tuesday, you don’t, then on Wedneday you do, etc. then perhaps you have a sendmail problem.

I get notification on serverA but not serverB and they both use the generic-service. I dont have a sendmail problem because i dont use sendmail, i use a program who sends sms.
But if i had a problem with the sms program, wouldnt i get en entry in the nagios log? (and possibly an error message?).

[quote=“jakkedup”]You have to enable notifications for each and every service that you want to get notifications for, by using the website links "Enable notifications for this service"
Look at the docs for the reason that you have to do this.
nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/1_0/ … tion_notes
[/quote]