Notifications missing data

Hi. When I get notifications I am missing information after Date/Time: and Additional Info:. The only thing that shows is a “$”. Here’s an example:

-----------------------------------------snip----------------------------------
***** Nagios *****

Notification Type: RECOVERY

Service: HTTP
Host: Server01
Address: 172.16.1.1
State: OK

Date/Time: $

Additional Info:

$

This happens with the notify-by-email and notify-by-epager notifications. The commands look alright. Am I missing something?

Thanks-
Rob

OK, if you say so.

I guess I was askin for that. I havent touched the command defs at all, but here is what is in misccommands.cfg:

‘notify-by-email’ command definition

define command{
command_name notify-by-email
command_line /usr/bin/printf “%b” “***** Nagios ***\n\nNotification Type: $NOTIFICATIONTYPE$\n\nService: $SERVICEDESC$\nHost: $HOSTALIAS$\nAddress: $HOSTADDRESS$\nState: $SERVICESTATE$\n\nDate/Time: $DATETIME$\n\nAdditional Info:\n\n$OUTPUT$" | /usr/bin/mail -s " $NOTIFICATIONTYPE$ alert - $HOSTALIAS$/$SERVICEDESC$ is $SERVICESTATE$ **” $CONTACTEMAIL$
}

‘notify-by-epager’ command definition

define command{
command_name notify-by-epager
command_line /usr/bin/printf “%b” “Service: $SERVICEDESC$\nHost: $HOSTNAME$\nAddress: $HOSTADDRESS$\nState: $SERVICESTATE$\nInfo: $OUTPUT$\nDate: $DATETIME$” | /usr/bin/mail -s “$NOTIFICATIONTYPE$: $HOSTALIAS$/$SERVICEDESC$ is $SERVICESTATE$” $CONTACTPAGER$

The problem is $DATETIME$ and $OUTPUT$. Are those still valid macros?

What version of nagios are you using? If V2.x then you have some wrong macro names.

Im using v2.6. I just found out what my problem with the macros are. RTFM right?

Thanks or your help anyways.