NRPE Setup Issues

I’m having some issues setting up NRPE. I set it up on servers and setup everything. When I check the status of a command on a remote server I see errors like:

NRPE: Command ‘check_local_disk’ not defined

Any ideas on how to fix this?

define a check_local_disk command on the nagios server. In that respect, you didn’t actually setup everything. If you had, it would be working right? hehe
in your nrpe.cfg on nagios server, I think you need something like this, per the sample included with nrpe:
command[check_disk1]=/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_disk -w 20 -c 10 -p /dev/hda1
in your case, it would be called ‘check_local_disk’

Yes, I got it working now. I’m having some strange issues with check_mem though. It works on one server but not on another one. They both have other local processes running just fine but for some reason chec_mem works on one server vi nrpe and not thru the other one. The config files are both the same and the hostnames are both defined.

check_mem.pl???
If so
check_mem.pl I think is kinda crappy. It doesn’t work right, if your output isn’t in the correct format.
Mine is actually reporting buffers memory, not free memory, so you would have to modify the awk part of the script to match your needs.
$command_line = vmstat | tail -1 | awk '{print \$4,\$5}';

oh, is there a good plugin for RAM usage checking?

find a plugin that uses the
free -mt
command instead of vmstat. Dunno where, but others are using it.
nagiosexchange.org/