Problem with check_ping

My check-host-alive keeps spitting out warnings for the round trip even though I’ve reconfigured the threshold to a higher number. Maybe I’m doing something wrong. Could somebody please shed some light on this?

my commands.cfg looks like

‘check-host-alive’ command definition

define command{
command_name check-host-alive
command_line $USER1$/check_ping -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -w 3000.0,80% -c 5000.0,100% -p -5
}

my device cfg looks like
define service{
use local-service
host_name hostname.domain.com
service_description PING
check_command check_ping!300.0,20%!500.0,60%
}

I changed the check_ping to 300.0 from 100.0 because I kept getting TONS of WARNING alerts. Even though I changed it to 300, I’m still getting the warning alerts once it goes over 100ms. I’m not sure if that’s the correct way so if someone could point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it. I would definitely like to change the round trip warning to a higher threshold than 100ms.

Hm, seems you’ve confused check-host-alive and check_ping command. Those are two different commands in Nagios. Check the configuration of the check_ping in /etc/nagios-plugins/config/check_ping.cfg.

Another thing, do you get the alert because of ping lasts more then 100ms or because it gets over 20% of discarded packages? Check the output of the plugin once more. If it is still strange, post the plugin output, warning message and configuration of check_ping command here so we could debug it more easily.

-edited-

This was a double-posted message. sry

Hm, seems you’ve confused check-host-alive and check_ping command. Those are two different commands in Nagios. Check the configuration of the check_ping in /etc/nagios-plugins/config/check_ping.cfg.

Another thing, do you get the alert because of ping lasts more then 100ms or because it gets over 20% of discarded packages? Check the output of the plugin once more. If it is still strange, post the plugin output, warning message and configuration of check_ping command here so we could debug it more easily.