Re-Notifications

I would like to know if there is a way that Nagios can be setup so that re-notifications can be sent with summarized info rather than a general note saying that something is down. Currently we have our notifications being sent out every 5 minutes. I would like to setup the program to let me know how long something has been down or how long there has been a problem. Example… Host has been down for 4 hours 30 minutes.

Please see the docs.
nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/1_0/macros.html

There are some nice macros that you could include in the misccommand.cfg file for the notification definitions to include something like adding a notification # or whatever else you want to see.

define command{
command_name notify-by-email
command_line /usr/bin/printf “%b” “***** Nagios ***\n\nNotification Type: $NOTIFICATIONTYPE$\n\nService: $SERVICEDESC$\nHost: $HOSTALIAS$\nAddress: $HOSTADDRESS$\nState: $SERVICESTATE$\n\nDate/Time: $DATETIME$\n\nAdditional Info:\n\n$OUTPUT$\n\nNotification #: $NOTIFICATIONNUMBER$" | /bin/mail -s " $NOTIFICATIONTYPE$ alert - $HOSTALIAS$/$SERVICEDESC$ is $SERVICESTATE$ **” $CONTACTEMAIL$
}

Thanks alot. I will give it a try