Return code of 127 for check of service

Hello,

I don’ t know if someone else has started a topic like this subject, my apologize if it is. My goal is to monitor a Windows machine. I have modified windows.cfg to listen to a windows server. I have followed this manual to install nagios: nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/3_0/ … ndows.html.

I have no firewall between the client and server.

I got this error code: Return code of 127 for check of service

I have installed the plugins.

Does anyone know this issue, and how to solve it?

with kind regards for your help :smiley:

what service check are you trying to run?

Well, I don’ t know exactly what you mean, but I’ ve added a screenshot in the attachement. Do you know what I have te do? is this the services what you mean?

looks like the check_nt plugin is missing or not executable.

I think I’ v made progress. I’ ve installed nagios addons with check_nrpe. Now I have another mistake report called: connection refused.

part of command.cfg:

‘check_nt’ command definition

define command{
command_name check_nt
command_line $USER1$/check_nt -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -p 12489 -v $ARG1$ $ARG2$
}

part of NSC.ini

PASSWORD

; This is the password (-s) that is required to access NSClient remotely. If you leave this blank everyone will be able to access the daemon remotly.
;password=test
;
;# ALLOWED HOST ADDRESSES
; This is a comma-delimited list of IP address of hosts that are allowed to talk to the all daemons.
; If leave this blank anyone can access the deamon remotly (NSClient still requires a valid password).
; The syntax is host or ip/mask so 192.168.0.0/24 will allow anyone on that subnet access
[nsclient]
allowed_hosts=192.168.21.30/24

Solved it!! reinstalling the NSclient++ did the trick. luca, thank you for your help, I appreciate it!