I have a Nagios server running on Linux, and both linux and Solaris clients.
The Linux clients are working jim dandy, SSL enabled etc.
The solaris NRPE build with SSL enabled failed miserably, In a fit of inspiration I realised that all the systems running solaris were inside the firewall, and consequently I was not overly concerned about securing them. So I built without SSL and the compile ran smoothly.
The problem I now face is that while my Linux clients are working fine. The Solaris nrpe config responds to a hand typed query:
[[email protected] libexec]# ./check_nrpe -H spstest01 -n -c check_users
USERS OK - 0 users currently logged in
Runs fine. However in the checkcommands.cfg I have the line:
command_line $USER1$/check_nrpe -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -n -c check_users
Which fails to operate.