Statusmap - Internal Server Error--help immediately

I installed nagios 2.8 on a linux box . FIrst the box didnot have GD library installed . I compiled GD library and then recompiled nagios with gd library , but still I am getting this error when clicked on Status Map . Please help immediately

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

I had the same issue, I installed gd after nagios. For this reason I think the appropriate cgi files were not copied over at the time of installation. All you need to do is copy the missing cgi files from the original source directory to the nagios sbin directory, e.g.:

HTH
Aidan

I am getting something similar, and I’m also installing the nagios 2.8 version. Here’s some more stuff that may be helpfull to better help us.

In my apache error logs I’m getting this:

So with that I thought perhaps libgd.so.2 was missing, so I did a locate for it, and got this:

/usr/lib64/libgd.so.2.0.0 /usr/lib64/libgd.so.2

I figured it was perhaps looking for it in the lib directory, so I made a link, “ln -s /usr/lib64/libgd.so.2 libgd.so.2” in the /usr/lib directory.

That didn’t seem to do the trick. So I thought, perhaps it I needed to put it in the /etc/ld.so.conf file. Here’s what I have now.

cat /etc/ld.so.conf include ld.so.conf.d/*.conf /usr/ofed/lib64 /usr/lib/mysql /usr/lib

From here, I restarted apache and nagios, with no luck, and I have even recompiled nagios and that didn’t seem to do the trick either. When I re click on status map, I still get the above error from my apache error log.

Oh and to add, all the appropriate cgi’s are there, I’m only having trouble, thus far, with statusmap.cgi. I have deleted it, and recompiled , and it showed back up, so I believe that everything is there that should be.