WAP interface difficulties

Hi all,

I’ve searched this forum (and others) thoroughly for information dealing with the WAP WML interface, but I’ve had no luck. I’m trying to use a Nokia 6170 to browse the WAP interface, and while I can pull up a menu and navigate it, I can’t seem to a.) submit anything (such as the name of a host), or b.) view status information (basically follow a link to it’s ‘conclusion’). When I use a WAP emulator to view the page, I’m able to do most of the functions that are important to me, but for whatever reason, the Nokia 6170 can’t seem to interpret the WML information correctly. Based on some data I found on Nagios Exchange, I thought it might be useful to play around with the DTD version in the headers and recompile the CGI. The trouble is, even if I leave the original source untouched and recompile, when I attempt to use the new CGI, it’s not recognizeable by the Nokia at all. I figured I’m doing something wrong here, but I don’t know what. I’m honestly not sure where to go from here, outside of crafting a custom WAP interface.

Any advice? Anyone have similar difficulties and get them resolved, or not?

Thanks in advance for any and all comments/suggestions.