Agh, can't get sendsms to send me a notification!

pullin my hair out here…
I have a simple usb modem (falcom samba). Installed and I can run [sendsms 1234567890 “message here”] from the command line and get the sms on my cell phone.
In nagios I’ve added this to command.cfg

# 'notify-host-by-sms' command definition define command{ command_name notify-host-by-sms command_line /usr/bin/printf "%b" "***** Nagios *****\n\nNotification Type: $NOTIFICATIONTYPE$\nHost: $HOSTNAME$\nState: $HOSTSTATE$\nAddress: $HOSTADDRESS$\nInfo: $HOSTOUTPUT$\n\nDate/Time: $LONGDATETIME$\n" | /usr/local/bin/sendsms $CONTACTPAGER$ "** $NOTIFICATIONTYPE$ Host Alert: $HOSTNAME$ is $HOSTSTATE$ **" }

and a similar one for notify-service-by-sms.

then my contact.cfg

[code]define contact{
contact_name mecell

use sms-contact

alias                           Me Cell
    host_notifications_enabled      1
    service_notifications_enabled   1
    host_notification_period        24x7
    service_notification_period     24x7
    host_notification_options       d,u,r
    service_notification_options    w,u,c,r
    service_notification_commands   notify-service-by-sms   ; send service notifications via sms
    host_notification_commands      notify-host-by-sms      ; send host notifications via sms
    pager                           18885551234
    }[/code]

and then in the host I have the contact for the error defined as mecell.

then I turn off the nic in the host (just have a ping check running to test) and I get the email when I also have admin as a contact but never the sms. I see nothing in /var/log/sms.log and I have it set up all the way.

Any pointers here?

oh and on nagios 3.0.6

After reading about a few people having notification issues with 3.0.6 and later I did a clean install of 3.0.5 and re-copied over my config. Now the sms alerts work. Something def wrong in 3.0.6 and 3.1.0.

hi,
I did not tested in the new version.
Still coming to that.

But i made an manual to configure SMS_CLIENT.
May be it helps you configuring on future releases.
If you have any new information to add the to the manual please feel free to add.
Please let me know :slight_smile: