Aisstance SOS Installation + plus config

Hi all

hope every one is well and have there nagios working so that you can aisst me :wink:

I have the following

Nagios Serevr (latest)
Windows 20003 Client

Nagios Clinet on Windows 2003 nscplus

I followed the istallatrion instructions from Nagios to the tee ,server working 100%
the problem I amm having after I setup the clients I get the following error on the Nagios website

8-15-2007 17:21:03 0d 6h 14m 15s 3/3 Connection refused

OR

WARNING 08-15-2007 17:17:23 0d 0h 32m 17s 3/3 could not fetch information from server

I have followed the cliets set-up instrauction to the tee as we from the Nagios website

nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/3_0/ ā€¦ ndows.html

Okay now for the config.cfg file

everything is standard I enabled Nt monitoring and saved the file.

on the client side the NSC.INI file is as below

FileLogger.dll
CheckSystem.dll
CheckDisk.dll
NSClientListener.dll
NRPEListener.dll
SysTray.dll
CheckEventLog.dll
CheckHelpers.dll
;
; CheckWMI IS AN EXTREM EARLY IDEA SO DONT USE FOR PRODUCTION ENVIROMNEMTS!
;CheckWMI.dll
;
; RemoteConfiguration IS AN EXTREM EARLY IDEA SO DONT USE FOR PRODUCTION ENVIROMNEMTS!
;RemoteConfiguration.dll

[Settings]
;# OBFUSCATED PASSWORD
; This is the same as the password option but here you can store the password in an obfuscated manner.
; NOTICE obfuscation is NOT the same as encryption, someone with access to this file can still figure out the
; password. Its just a bit harder to do it at first glance.
;obfuscated_password=Jw0KAUUdXlAAUwASDAAB
;
;# PASSWORD
; This is the password (-s) that is required to access NSClient remotely. If you leave this blank everyone will be able to access the daemon remotly.
password=( I REMOVED THIS FOR SECURITY)
;
;# ALLOWED HOST ADDRESSES
; This is a comma-delimited list of IP address of hosts that are allowed to talk to the all daemons.
; If leave this blank anyone can access the deamon remotly (NSClient still requires a valid password).
; The syntax is host or ip/mask so 192.168.0.0/24 will allow anyone on that subnet access
allowed_hosts=(I REMOVED THIS)
;
;# USE THIS FILE
; Use the INI file as opposed to the registry if this is 0 and the use_reg in the registry is set to 1
; the registry will be used instead.
use_file=1

[log]
;# LOG DEBUG
; Set to 1 if you want debug message printed in the log file (debug messages are always printed to stdout when run with -test)
;debug=1
;
;# LOG FILE
; The file to print log statements to
;file=NSC.log
;
;# LOG DATE MASK
; The format to for the date/time part of the log entry written to file.
;date_mask=%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S

[NSClient]
; This is a comma-delimited list of IP address of hosts that are allowed to talk to NSClient deamon.
; If you leave this blank the global version will be used instead.
;allowed_hosts=
;
;# NSCLIENT PORT NUMBER
; This is the port the NSClientListener.dll will listen to.
port=12489
;
;# BIND TO ADDRESS
; Allows you to bind server to a specific local address. This has to be a dotted ip adress not a hostname.
; Leaving this blank will bind to all avalible IP adresses.
;bind_to_address=

[Check System]
;# CPU BUFFER SIZE
; Can be anything ranging from 1s (for 1 second) to 10w for 10 weeks. Notice that a larger buffer will waste memory
; so donā€™t use a larger buffer then you need (ie. the longest check you do +1).
;CPUBufferSize=1h
;
;# CHECK RESOLUTION
; The resolution to check values (currently only CPU).
; The value is entered in 1/10:th of a second and the default is 10 (which means ones every second)
;CheckResolution=10

[NRPE]
;# NRPE PORT NUMBER
; This is the port the NRPEListener.dll will listen to.
;port=5666
;
;# COMMAND TIMEOUT
; This specifies the maximum number of seconds that the NRPE daemon will allow plug-ins to finish executing before killing them off.
;command_timeout=60
;
;# COMMAND ARGUMENT PROCESSING
; This option determines whether or not the NRPE daemon will allow clients to specify arguments to commands that are executed.
;allow_arguments=0
;
;# COMMAND ALLOW NASTY META CHARS
; This option determines whether or not the NRPE daemon will allow clients to specify nasty (as in |`&><ā€™"]{}) characters in arguments.
;allow_nasty_meta_chars=0
;
;# USE SSL SOCKET
; This option controls if SSL should be used on the socket.
;use_ssl=1
;
;# BIND TO ADDRESS
; Allows you to bind server to a specific local address. This has to be a dotted ip adress not a hostname.
; Leaving this blank will bind to all avalible IP adresses.
; bind_to_address=
;
; This is a comma-delimited list of IP address of hosts that are allowed to talk to NRPE deamon.
; If you leave this blank the global version will be used instead.
;allowed_hosts=
;
;# SCRIPT DIRECTORY
; All files in this directory will become check commands.
; WARNING This is undoubtedly dangerous so use with care!
;script_dir=scripts\

[NRPE Handlers]
;# COMMAND DEFINITIONS
;# Command definitions that this daemon will run.
;# Can be either NRPE syntax:
;command[check_users]=/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_users -w 5 -c 10
;# Or simplified syntax:
;test=c:\test.bat foo $ARG1$ bar
;check_disk1=/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_disk -w 5 -c 10
;# Or even loopback (inject) syntax (to run internal commands)
;# This is a way to run ā€œNSClientā€ commands and other internal module commands such as check eventlog etc.
;check_cpu=inject checkCPU warn=80 crit=90 5 10 15
;check_eventlog=inject CheckEventLog Application warn.require.eventType=error warn.require.eventType=warning critical.require.eventType=error critical.exclude.eventType=info truncate=1024 descriptions
;check_disk_c=inject CheckFileSize ShowAll MaxWarn=1024M MaxCrit=4096M File:WIN=c:\ATI*.*
;# But be careful:
; dont_check=inject dont_check This will ā€œloop foreverā€ so be careful with the inject commandā€¦
;# Check some escapingsā€¦
; check_escape=inject CheckFileSize ShowAll MaxWarn=1024M MaxCrit=4096M ā€œFile: foo " WIN=c:\WINDOWS\.ā€
;# Some real world samples
;nrpe_cpu=inject checkCPU warn=80 crit=90 5 10 15
;nrpe_ok=scripts\ok.bat

I have doubled checked the settings and passwords in each config file

In the nsclient test file on the client I get the follwing entry

2007-08-15 17:07:30: error:.\NSClientListener.cpp:282: Unauthorized access from:
2007-08-15 17:08:42: error:.\NSClientListener.cpp:282: Unauthorized access from:
2007-08-15 17:10:00: error:.\NSClientListener.cpp:282: Unauthorized access from:
2007-08-15 17:11:10: error:.\NSClientListener.cpp:282: Unauthorized access from:
2007-08-15 17:13:29: error:.\NSClientListener.cpp:282: Unauthorized access from:

Any ideas , your help is appreciated

Thank you

Sylvester