Annoying critical messages from dead switch

Hi, first time poster here. I’m currently using nagios 1.2 and I have this ethernet switch that is making me nut! It went dead last week and was removed from the network. I’ve edited the nagios config files in /usr/local/nagios/etc to remove all occurence of that switch but I still get email warning that the switch is in critical state (plug-in time out)!

I grep’ed for the switche’s name in /usr/local/nagios/etc and nothing was returned so I’m pretty sure I didn’t leave out something. The nagios daemon has also been restarted.

The switch doesn’t appear in any of the Nagios Monitoring web pages, it just sends me email every two hours (and these are not backlogged email either).

Anyone has an idea what could be causing this? If not, where should I look for an answer?

Thanks.

did you restart nagios? :slight_smile:
If yes check again. stop nagios. wait a minute and the
ps -ef | grep nagios
and check for hanging process… kill if any
and restart nagios

Luca

Thanks Luca for your quick reply.

Yes, I did (several times in fact) restart nagios (tried restart, reload and stop/start) to no avail. I didn’t check though if no process were still running :o Just did and somehow a

/usr/local/nagios/bin/nagios -d /usr/local/nagios/etc/nagios.cfg

Was still running. I killed it and restarted nagios again. I’ll see if that will help.

Thanks again.
Edited Wed Oct 05 2005, 03:23AM ]