Can an event handler be manual

Hi,

I’ve been searching high and low for a way to make an event handler require user intervention. I want to do is be able to restart a java process if it goes down, but I don’t want Nagios to do it immediately. Ultimately, I want to be able to click on a link on the web interface to do the restart.

What would be awesome is if I could add another link to the Service Commands that would do the restart any time I want, but I’m guessing this is frowned upon do to security concerns. It looks like all of these commands are controlled by the cmd.cgi, which only accept a handful of commands.

Is there a best practice to be able to create a custom command that can be executed from the web interface? Or add a user intervention to the event handlers?

An idea could be something like a separate web page, inserting a link to the separate webpage in the service description and have a button with password on the new webpage. i wouldn’t try to insert a button in the nagios interface as any nagios update would put you in the condition to remodify the interface.

Thanks Luca. That is kind of what I was thinking of doing. I just wanted to make sure there wasn’t something already in place before creating my own page.