*cfg root partition problem

can any one help me with this problem everytime i add this command to the cfg files i keep getting the same answer even though its different server,i have looked through the cfg files but cant figure it out,any help would be very appreciated
regards
rob

Define a service to check the disk space of the root partition

on the local machine. Warning if < 20% free, critical if

< 10% free space on partition.

define service{
use generic-service ; Name
of service template to use
host_name (NAME OF SERVER)
service_description Root Partition
is_volatile 0
check_period 24x7
max_check_attempts 4
normal_check_interval 5
retry_check_interval 1
contact_groups nt-admin
notification_interval 960
notification_period 24x7
check_command check_local_disk!20%!10%!/
}

check_local_disk checks the local serrver disk space not a remote server.
You either need a remote check and send the data back to the main nagios server or use SNMP with a script calling “df -k /”

Luca

could any post there total process command please and i having a problem with my hosts in my webinterface,is it saying all is fine but the las time it up check was the first time it was check.any1 else having that issue
any word back would be really appreciated
regards
rob

ok, i’m tired and i REALLY need a vacation (26 days to go), but i really didn’t understand what your asking… :shock:

Luca

i was in such a rush dis morning i apologies for my english.my problem is with my hosts,in the web interface the hosts have not been checked since they wer check the first time?
also im having problems with my total process command in my cfg files.in the web interface all my routers have the same number of process!no matter what i change.

processes: as above for the local_disk… are you sure you ARE checking the router? what do you check a process number for on a router by the way?

hosts DON’T get checked if they have running services on them. if a service is running on the host the host itself MUST be running so no sense in making a ping.

Luca

ok.at the host_name i have the name of the router is that wrong!what should be there?is the text wrong?

hi,
my service is working bu when i turn off a server its not going into a error.reasons for that?

You jump from one failure to another, and yet you haven’t even stated if the first problem has been fixed yet. I don’t care to help if you can’t even be polite enough to let us know if your “heck_local_disk” problem has been taken care of. You post the same troubles in multiple threads, and I can’t keep track anymore. Please follow some sort of ettiquette, and maybe I’ll try to help. As it is now, I’m confused as to what we are even working on here.