Cgi not running

Hi, installed anc configured nagios but everytime I login and try to go to any link that executes a cgi I get the following message,
I currently have only 1 host just to test, but I don’t see no host listed

"It appears as though you do not have permission to view information for any of the services you requested…

If you believe this is an error, check the HTTP server authentication requirements for accessing this CGI
and check the authorization options in your CGI configuration file."

I’m having this same issue. After reading the docs I’m starting to feel like an idiot.

Any guidance available here?

EDIT: Hrm, nevermind. My error is page not found. Looks like a config issue for me.
Edited Wed Jan 05 2005, 03:21PM ]

nagios/docs/cgiauth.html
The docs show you how to setup authentication quite clearly. Did you follow them to the letter?

Im having big problems to. When i followed the nagios/docs/cgiauth.htm guide i no longer can see nagios page i only get this:

401 Authorization Required

Authorization Required

This server could not verify that you are authorized to access the document requested. Either you supplied the wrong credentials (e.g., bad password), or your browser doesn't understand how to supply the credentials required.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/2.0.40 Server at 192.168.0.5 Port 80

check the nagios.cfg and cgi.cfg files (apart form the httpd.conf and .htaccess files you have. Keep the manual by hand and go through it. They all still seem to be setup problems on the webserver and authentication part.

Keep it easy to begin, do not use authentication (neither in nagios nor in apache) when you see the pages start introducing the nagios auth and finally the http configuration.

Keep in mind while you do this anybody could access your nagios installation, so don’t show them all your network, first complete the security part and then configure all objects in nagios. :slight_smile:

Luca