Custom Recovery Alerts?

I have been trying without success to configure custom recovery alerts. The main intent is to have the notification (DOWN, CRITICAL, etc.) include things like Host and Service Notes and Notes URL, etc. and have the RECOVERY be a stripped down message that omits all that information. For example, I tried creating a HOST DOWN contact:

define contact{ contact_name L2-Host use generic-contact service_notifications_enabled 0 host_notification_options d,u service_notification_options w,u,c,f,s,n alias Level 2 Host Alert Forwarder email [email protected] host_notification_commands L2-Host service_notification_commands send-to-null }

and a HOST UP contact:

define contact{ contact_name L2-Host-Recovery use generic-contact service_notifications_enabled 0 host_notification_options r service_notification_options r alias Level 2 Host Alert Forwarder Recovery email [email protected] host_notification_commands L2-Host-Recovery service_notification_commands send-to-null }

I would get the DOWN alert, but not the recovery. Does anyone know a different way to accomplish this? Perhaps doing some kind of an ‘IF alert DOWN THEN show NOTES’ type thing in the alert_command?